100 Boyd Ave
East Providence, RI 029140
Open 7 Days until Midnight
24/7 for online bookings
m/s Paul Gauguin
Designed specifically to glide through the shallow seas of the South Pacific, The Gauguin is the flagship of Paul Gauguin Cruises and a small-ship cruiser's dream. She delivers travelers to intimate ports inaccessible to larger cruise ships, all the while providing an onboard experience that is nothing short of luxurious. Guests aboard our luxury cruises enjoy spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, three dining venues, an extensive spa, and five-star service. Life onboard also reflects the beauty and rich cultural heritage of the islands she calls upon, with a warm, friendly feel, informal setting, and even a beloved troupe of Gaugines and Gauguins-local Tahitians who serve as cruise staff, entertainers, and storytellers.
m/s Paul Gauguin Facts
- Capacity: 332 guests
- Crew: 217/International
- Crew-to-Guest Ratio: 1:1.5, one of the highest of any luxury cruise ship
- Officers: European and International
- Registry: Bahamas
- Shipyard: Chantiers de l'Atlantique (Saint Nazaire, France)
- Length: 504 feet
- Width: 72 feet
- Draft: 17.1 feet
- Tonnage: 19,200 tons
- Maximum speed: 18 knots
- Passenger decks: 7
- Call letters: C6TH9
- Propulsion System: Diesel electric
During every meal onboard The Gauguin, with every sumptuous bit you sample, and each time our attentive staff fill your glass, you'll begin to realize that dining on the high seas with Paul Gauguin Cruises is truly something special. Embark upon a five-star culinary adventure, designed just for you by some of the world's most talented and award-winning chefs, including Jean-Pierre Vigato, Chef Proprietaire at Paris' Michelin-starred Restaurant Apicius. Wha's more, every one of our onboard dining options is included in your cruise fare. Bon appetit!
Dine al fresco or enjoy wraparound ocean views from the dining room of La Veranda, where we offer an ever-changing selection of buffet breakfast and lunch items and a la carte options, many of which are inspired by the destinations we visit. In the evening, La Veranda is transformed to a reservation-only dining venue serving Jean-Pierre Vigato's gourmet cuisine.
Our exquisite main dining room is dressed to impress with perfectly appointed decor, fine table linens, and delicate china. Join us every evening for dinner and sample a tantalizing array of expertly prepared dishes, perfectly paired with complimentary wines.
When your day's plans call for a more casual dining experience, join us at Le Grill, located by the pool and offering a buffet breakfast, grilled lunch favorites, salads, and fresh tropical fruit. In the afternoon, stop by for tea with finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, desserts, pastries, and petit fours. Return in the evening to sample Polynesian specialties in a relaxed atmosphere. Reservations required for dinner.
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies, measuring from 200 to 500 sq. ft., including balcony
- Butler service, in-suite bar setup, and iPod music system in suite/stateroom category B and above
- A choice of three dining venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service, including selections from L'Etoile restaurant during regular dining hours
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beer, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards, dining and bar staff
- Full entertainment program including Polynesian artists, musical entertainment, a pianist, and a professionally operated casino with slot machines
- Spa and beauty services, including hand and foot treatments, body treatments, facials, and spa programs
- Optional PADI SCUBA diving program and certification
- Watersports marina for complimentary kayaking, windsurfing, and paddleboarding, and Zodiacs for optional dive excursions
- A day at Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises' exclusive retreat off the coast of Taha'a, featuring Polynesian hospitality, snorkeling, watersports, bar service, and a delicious feast
- Access to the luxury cruise line's exclusive, private beach located on a motu off the coast of Bora Bora, which offers an idyllic white-sand beach, excellent snorkeling, and bar service on French Polynesia itineraries
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Presentations by local naturalists and a variety of special guests
- Spacious outdoor decks and pool
- La Boutique duty-free shop
- Book and DVD library (open 24 hours a day)
- Wi-Fi hot spots throughout the ship to cover most suites/staterooms and common areas, as well as guest-accessible computers, available 24 hours a day for a nominal fee
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Certified medical services
- 166 suites/staterooms on Decks 3-8, including one wheelchair-accessible stateroom and select staterooms that can accommodate three guests
When you travel onboard The Gauguin, you won't spend your days at sea simply biding your time until we arrive at our next destination. On our ship, every day (and night!) brings new and exciting opportunities for entertainment and enrichment.
Les Gauguins & Les Gauguines
On every voyage of The Gauguin, we're accompanied by our own troupe of Tahitian hosts and entertainers that bring the spirit of Polynesia to life. Enjoy a retelling of ancestral legends through dance, delight in traditional songs onboard and on our private motu, and learn local handicrafts during hands-on demonstrations. Couples celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary can even attend a Polynesian blessing ceremony.
Le Grand Salon
When the sun goes down at sea, Le Grand Salon comes alive with spectacular performances. Every night brings something different, whether it's Les Gauguins & Les Gauguines performing ote'a-a complex line dance accompanied by drums-live piano music, Broadway show tunes, or foot-tapping rock music. Return to our main lounge during the day for a game of table tennis or lecture from a roster of anthropologists, archeologists, and marine biologists, as well as visiting experts on other popular topics.
This versatile lounge offers morning snacks, serves as the backdrop for special events, hosts Polynesian activities led by Les Gauguines, and is the perfect place to grab a nightcap and dance under the stars to live music.
Le Casino and Piano Bar
Try your luck in Le Casino, which features slot machines, blackjack, and roulette, and is open every evening, except where prohibited by port regulations. We also invite you to grab a drink at the Piano Bar and enjoy nightly piano entertainment.
Pool and Pool Bar
Soak in the South Pacific sunshine with a day spent lounging by our outdoor pool. Cool off in the refreshing water, grab a cocktail from the adjacent Pool Bar, or take in the scenery from a comfortable lounge chair.
In addition to Les Gauguins & Les Gauguines, on every voyage we invite local performers onboard to entertain you. Don't miss an evening spent with local group Mamas and Papas, whose dynamic performance of Polynesian dance and singing is a perennial guest favorite.
The crew members onboard The Gauguin are certainly expert at providing first-class service to our guests, but they also boast many other talents that we're proud to showcase in our crew show. Every voyage offers something different, but you're always guaranteed a night of amazing entertainment, much of which showcases the unique cultures of our crew members' home countries.
Just steps from your stateroom, find the perfect memento of your South Pacific cruise, like genuine Tahitian black pearl jewelry exclusively designed for Paul Gauguin Cruises, Tahitian vanilla, local arts and handicrafts, souvenir apparel, and more. It's also the perfect place to pick up any necessary sundries or toiletries, like swimwear, beach attire, sunscreen, and batteries.
Ensure that your vacation memories last a lifetime with services from Paul Gauguin Cruises' Photo Shop. A dedicated photographer accompanies us throughout our cruise, giving you the opportunity to take home professional photos of significant events, like embarkation, the Captain's Welcome Reception and Tahitian Night. Family portraits and casual photo-ops are also available. The Photo Shop is also stocked with everything you need to take your own photos, including single-use cameras, digital cameras, photo accessories, and media cards.